The O SAY Corral was a Huge Success!
Whew! It’s been a whirlwind few weeks here at SAY as we prepared for this year’s BIG Event The O SAY Corral. The big day came on Saturday April 10 and the O SAY Corral was a HUGE success! We raised more than $133,000 at the BIG Event through sponsorships, ticket sales, auction purchases and donations, and we had a great time doing it!
Highlights from the O SAY Corral include:
- The arrest of Tom Bieri, SAY’s Executive Director on charges of “Tom Foolery”, the arrest of Tom’s daughter Kayla on charges of “horse thieving” and the arrest of SAY’s Board President on charges of having a “Poor Golf Swing!”
- Music from Hugh Shacklett and George Inskeep, Jan White, Scott “The Singing Cowboy” Gerber, and the Blue Moon Band.
- The SAY Board of Director’s performing a rendition of “Achy Breaky Heart” led by Ray Olmstead.
- A rowdy live auction including a Ladies Night dinner at the Santa Rosa Firehouse followed by dancing and drinks at the Cantina, and not one but two trips to France!
- A heartfelt story from SAY’s Outreach Coordinator Lisa Fatu and from Mariano, a member of SAY’s Youth Advisory Board about his experiences in working with SAY to change his own life.
- And last, but certainly not least, the incredible generosity of the more than 300 attendees in helping us to raise more than $125,000 in funding for our programs and services.
Mike Chase of Mike Chase Photography and Elizabeth Goldman, SAY’s Lead Therapist were on hand taking photos of our guests in all of their western attired glory, check out some of their photos below: